HomeHomeCareersBenefitsRepresented EmployeeTravel

Making a Claim

In case of an out-of-province emergency, call Allianz Global Assistance
In Canada or the US: 1-800-854-7589
From elsewhere, call collect: 1-519-742-6768

Allianz Global Assistance Canada will co-ordinate payments from the provincial health care plan and Sun Life for members enrolled in supplementary coverage. You do not need to submit a claim, unless you want to claim for co-ordination of benefits under another plan.
If you do not contact Allianz Global Assistance Canada:
  1. get detailed receipts,
  2. submit expenses to your provincial health plan within 14 days of your return to Canada,
  3. once the province reimburses you, send Sun Life:
    • an Extended Health Care and Health Spending Account Claim Form,
    • duplicate receipts (or photocopies), and
    • the provincial statement of payment.

Send in your claim as quickly as possible, because provincial plans have very strict time limits. If claims are late, they may not be paid by the province or Sun Life.

For all expenses outside Canada under Business Travel Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, call ACE INA at 1-877-772-7797 after contacting Allianz Global Assistance at the number above, leave a detailed message and a claims agent will return your call by the next business day. Upon your return contact the Benefits Advisor at (613) 563-3853 or

Published on February 01, 2016