Explore Aviation Summer Camp 2019
This summer, Explore Aviation Summer Camp will give 24 young women and 24 young men the chance to explore exciting career choices in aviation, and at NAV CANADA as an air traffic controller, flight service specialist, electronics technologist, engineer and more.
Run by NAV CANADA, Explore Aviation Summer Camp points the spotlight on careers in aviation, where STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) education is the key to success for tomorrow’s workforce.
Please note: the application period for the camp closed on March 8, 2019. Successful candidates will be emailed during the week of April 8, 2019, to confirm their spot.
INSPIRING TEENS TO SOAR TO THEIR FULL POTENTIAL
Last summer, 30 students attended the first edition of the camp and it was an experience they described as “awesome” and “one of the best weeks of my life”.
“For me the interesting part is that you get to see the layers of aviation. We would say ‘there’s the pilot, there’s the person in the tower’ but there’s so many people in between and there’s so many career opportunities. I feel that I can go anywhere,” said camper Monica Muresan who attended last year’s camp.
Camp participants have unique and exciting opportunities, such as…
- Learning how Canada’s aviation system works and who makes it work
- Engaging in practice sessions controlling and advising aircraft in industry-leading simulators
- Trying out the tools and technology to keep aircraft flying and safe
- Touring NAV CANADA’s Flight Inspection Aircraft
- Interacting with guest speakers: Air Traffic Services; Technical Operations; Engineering; Leaders
- Taking day trips to Ottawa and Montreal: NAV CANADA tower and area control centre tours; city tours.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our FAQs. To learn more about NAV CANADA careers, visit the Careers section of our website.