Making a Claim
In case of an out-of-province emergency, call Allianz Global Assistance
In Canada or the US: 1-800-854-7589
From elsewhere, call collect: 1-519-742-6768
Allianz Global Assistance Canada will co-ordinate payments from the provincial health care plan and Sun Life for members enrolled in supplementary coverage
. You do not need to submit a claim, unless you want to claim for co-ordination of benefits under another plan.
If you do not contact Allianz Global Assistance Canada:
- get detailed receipts,
- submit expenses to your provincial health plan within 14 days of your return to Canada,
- once the province reimburses you, send Sun Life:
- an Extended Health Care Claim Form,
- duplicate receipts (or photocopies), and
- the provincial statement of payment.
Send in your claim as quickly as possible, because provincial plans have very strict time limits. If claims are late, they may not be paid by the province or Sun Life.