In case of an out-of-province emergency, call Allianz Global Assistance
In Canada and the US: 1-800-854-7589
From elsewhere, call collect: 1-519-742-6768
- outside your province of residence, and
- above what is payable by your provincial health plan, to a maximum reimbursable expense of $1,000,000 for each covered person for any one period of travel.
The expense must be:
- prescribed by a physician and medically necessary,
- incurred no more than 60 days from the date you leave home or any time you are on official travel status (if treatment continues beyond 60 days, related expenses will be covered),
- incurred because of an emergency, and
- payable in part by the provincial plan.
|Reasonable and customary charges for emergency health care: |
- outside your province of residence,
- above what is payable by your provincial health plan, to a lifetime maximum reimbursable expense of $350,000 for each employee (emergency health benefits are not paid on behalf of your spouse or children), and
- supplies and services required within 60 days of the emergency for emergency medical treatment.
All active employees under age 75 who live in Canada and are travelling for business. Spouse under age 75 and children of covered employees, during relocation or related house-hunting trip: