INSPIRING GIRLS TO SOAR TO THEIR FULL POTENTIAL
Explore Aviation Summer Camp is giving 30 girls behind-the-scenes access to some unique careers in aviation in Canada in summer 2018.
This one week, all-expenses-paid camp by NAV CANADA is using hands-on learning to give participants the chance to explore exciting career choices in aviation, and at NAV CANADA as an air traffic controller, flight service specialist, electronics technologist, engineer, and more. NAV CANADA has amazing career opportunities such as these and others that will help the next generation of employees soar to success.
The objective of the Explore Aviation Summer Camp is to empower and motivate the girls attending the camp by introducing them to industry professionals, by highlighting unique career opportunities and working environments, and by demonstrating how science, technology, engineering and math — a STEM education — leads to success.
Candidates submitted an application form, an essay and a letter of recommendation from a teacher before as part of the selection process by aviation professionals.
Participants are getting a chance to:
- Learn how Canada’s aviation system works and who makes it work
- Engage in practice sessions controlling and advising aircraft in industry-leading simulators
- Try out the tools and technology to keep aircraft flying and safe
- Operate unmanned aerial vehicles (drones)
- Tour NAV CANADA’s Flight Inspection Aircraft
- Interact with guest speakers: Air Traffic Services; Technical Operations; Engineering; Leaders
- Take day trips to Ottawa and Montreal: NAV CANADA tower and area control centre tours; city tours
NAV CANADA is a private, not-for-profit company, providing air traffic control, airport advisory services, weather briefings and aeronautical information services for more than 18 million square kilometres of Canadian domestic and international airspace. Our employees are air traffic controllers, flight service specialists, electronics technologists, engineers, software developers, IT specialists, managers and many more.